I wish to formally nominate for a board position on the ISEE Australian Chapter. The executive members of Platinum Blasting Services have a long record of supporting industry organisations striving to improve the safety and processes of our industry and we’re happy to provide our support the Australian Chapter. I have listed a few dot points of my work history and associations for consideration of my nomination.
Brief industry history overview:
- October 2015 to current General Manager Health, Safety, Environment, Training and Quality Platinum Blasting Services,
- December 2010 to October 2015 Zero Harm Manager Downer Blasting Services,
- June 2003 to December 2010 Australasian Manager Health, Safety, Environment and Training
- January 1990 to June 2003 Quarry/Mine Manager Readymix.
- Associations and Working Groups:
June 2003 to current Committee member for the Australian Explosive Industry Safety Group (AEISG),
- 2007 to 2009 Chairman of the AEISG,
Member of the Queensland Explosives Inspectorate NOx Fume Steering Committee,
- 2013 to current SAFEX member (presenter at the Warsaw conference),
- 2012 to current conference member and presenter at the annual CIE/IGUS international conferences (Chief of Inspector of Explosives/International Group of Experts on the explosion risks of Unstable Substances).